Feb 19, 2010

LOVE Your BODY...

These days finding wholesome, truly natural food is like winning the lottery...I really don't know many people who actually pay attention to what they consume, let alone there own kids. Time and time again I see mothers giving there kids candy, chips, and juice to pacify there kid and keep 'em from crying and whinning...But what parents do not understand is that Children learn by example. Therefore if you are buying junk food and keeping things like cookies, chocolate etc in your household, you are giving your child the option of having the junk. I'm a mother myself and I barely buy any junk food. I understand the balance that one must have in everything...so I don't deprive my daughter of any sweets or junk because I overstand that it is also apart of being a kid...but I don't entertain her eating junk. I don't give her options, she doesn't see where I keep any of the junk if I do buy it and most importantly I use it as a treat, not an everyday thing. Eventually when she is able to undertand logic, I will teach her what is good and what isn't good for your body...which is an important aspect when your teaching a child to love them self! But before teaching you must educate your own self...so I thought I'd hit ya'll up with the 4 books in my own personal library that helped me in discovering, educating and applying healthy eating habits...


DR. LLAILA AFRIKA - 'AFRICAN HOLISTIC HEALTH'


DR. JEWEL POOKRUM - 'VITAMIN & MINERALS FROM A to Z


ELIJAH MUHAMEED - 'HOW TO EAT TO LIVE'


QUEEN AFUA - 'HEAL THY SELF'

I want to mention that all 4 of these books are written by authors of African decent...meaning there research and information is catered towards people who are melanin dominant (black, hispanic, indian, asian)...which is good for us people of colour because all the information about health including our own family doctors whether they are black or white are taught western medicine which is made for people of caucasian decent...Melanin dominant individuals are biologically made up differently so therefore we need different nutirition...you can purchase these books on Amazon.ca from my research it is your best bet to get a good price!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment