Jan 2, 2009

SOUND JEWEL

If you LOVE MUSIC...then you must have certain albums in your collection that just speak to you....albums that have this timeless quality that can brighten up any cloudy day.............Well I thought that i'd share with ya'll this one particular album I absolutely LOVE!!! I mean if someone asked me "hey Malaika if you can choose one album to describe your essence or what your about what would it be???"...with out hesitation i'd be like.....CUTS FOR LUCK & SCARS FOR FREEDOM by MYSTIC no doubt!......Most of ya'll probably only heard of that one track "The Life"...but trust me the entire album which is the only album this phenomenal artist has put out is DOPE as F--K.....well that is if your into the Neo-Soul...Conscious...REAL MUSIC type thing......I feel like she wrote back to back songs designed for the human spirit........taking it to a level where the vibrations released, create a certain mysticism....hence the name.............MYSTIC...girl you are a GODDESS...Keep Shining!



MYSTIC - CUTS FOR LUCK SCARS FOR FREEDOM
(btw this is a Old Album...)

Here's a Video by a track Mystic did for a DJ Angel.......This is not on the album...but I sort of relate to this song to an extent.....I recently came across someone whom I made a instant connection with....and being a firm believer in DESTINY...I feel like we are destined to be in each others lives.....regardless of whether it is romantic or not! Brother I truly appreciate You......Much LOVE!!!




"Wanting you is like half a completion
Knowing what I need but its out of my reach..."


Here's the "Hit" song she had...




"This is for the SOLDIERS's who bust they guns,
In the name of FREEDOM not the game of fun
TRUE QUEENS, who raise they kids,
Implement the KNOWLEDGE, show em how to LIVE!
This is for those who stand in line and FEED THEIR BABIES,
While were runnin out of TIME,
This is for the unJUSTICE behind bars
Our LOVERS, our LEADERS, our PEOPLE!!!"


P.S. Mystic has new songs on her Myspace page...just search Mystic! Enjoy!


HOTEP! (Peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment