Aug 3, 2010

PAST 3 days...

So this past weekend was CARIBANA weekend in Toronto...for those that aren't really aware of what that is...it's pretty much a celebration of all the different countries and cultures in the carribean...that is celebrated through a variety of costumes and floats in a parade...It starts with Kiddie Caribana...then there is the King & Queen celebration/crowning where they pick the best costume, then the parade...and after that there are different celebrations/Limes at Center Island, Ontario Place, Wild water kingdom etc....

Now I must admit...I have been going to Caribana for a long time now....When I was under age I would specifically go to Yonge Street (which is where all the under aged girls go cuz they can't get into clubs etc.) and all the states guys go to meet some Toronto females...Being a mother esp. of a daughter....I will NEVER let her go to Yonge street...it's not a wholesome situation over there...

Now as for the parade and playing mass...I probably would have played mass years ago...but again I'm 27 and my mindstate, my consciousness is not on things like Caribana...Personally I have been a female who does not believe or like to show skin...cleavage etc. especially when I'm in a relationship......so playing mass is against my morals...but I respect those that do...and I esp. understand Trinidadians (who are super caribana crazy lol) playing mass because it is a BIG part of there culture......So no caribana for me unless it's Kiddie Caribana which my daughter will be participating seeing as though she is half Trinidadian...but she will not play mass (in the adult one) until she is grown....lol

Anyway speaking of Trini's...I found this hilarious youtube video...



Bless Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment