Jun 21, 2010

HEALING Tunes...

I know for the most part I blog about music, artist & songs I'm feelin'...but in my defence I must say it is my life! Music is what drives me other than my daughter...It is also my therapy as it probably is for many....I just want to bring ya'll the realness when it comes to music...because in this world....esp in this present time, music is so watered down, manipulated, manufactured and got our subconscious thinking it's ok to do and act like the devil....I know I may sound like those crazy parents back in the day talking about rock n' roll is the devil but on the real it's about word, sound, power......if you recognize ENERGY and it's power...then you know what i'm talking about.........Anyway here are some good music fa ya ears!



So the Roots are coming to my town (Toronto) for the Toronto Jazz Festival next week......Maaaan I've seen these guys like 6 times at the least and I still can't get enough...Give Thanks for the consistancy and the heart ya'll have to keep doing your music...the ROOTS and specifically Black Thought is maaaaad under rated!(pay attention to the lyrics...Thought gives a perfect description of the Reality of the world right now!)



Another dude that's been able to give us some consistant good music is RAPHAEL SAADIQUE.....I heart this man and he has pretty much been able to be relevant but not get caught up in the "hollywood" hype.....KEEP ON!!!




I am going to miss another opportunity to see Ms.HILL whom from the looks of it is emerging from her cocoon....WOOO HOOO! lol for real tho...the world needs her.......and although it does make me feel better that she's going to be only doing the entire "Miseducation" CD...Whatever that woman does...I could watch live anyday.....so yeah ROCK THE BELLS isn't coming to Toronto this year...they only doing 4 shows all in the states...it's gonna be history in the making...and I will be missing it:( It's all good tho, I know in my heart I WILL SEE L.BOOGIE LIVE one day.....

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment