Mar 8, 2009

LADY Sings The BLUES

So I was chillin with my daughter looking for a movie to watch on t.v. last night and I came across this movie called "LADY SINGS THE BLUES" (1972) based on the life of LEGENDARY JAZZ Singer BILLIE HOLIDAY played by Diana Ross........I never even knew this movie existed and I swear after watching it last night I felt really moved and I'm now about to purchase the movie online.......Maaan I never knew Billie Holiday had such a ruff life.....Im starting to realize that many of the Legends like Sammy Davis, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin had really profound lives (My mother in law reads alot of Bio books & tells me about them afterwards lol) Oh and did I mention Billie Dee Williams (who looked and acted incredibly sexy) plays Mckoy who is the love of Billie's life....with out giving too much away I must say She had a GOOD MAN!!!....and Richard Pryor (with out the moustache) played the "piano man" who is a close friend & discovered Billie...............



Another aspect to this movie that really really appealed to me was the Wardrobe....Man did they put some dope outfits on Diana Ross....I was drooling! I can truly appreciate style back then....I mean women wore classy stuff...didn't even show much knee.....covered but sexy and stylish! I LOVE IT!



While I was googling for pictures, I noticed that Beyonce in Cadillac records kept coming up.......I know Beyonce has been getting alot of negative press lately and people are finally seeing her for the Robot she is (I called her out from time btw) It reminded me of how good of an actor DIANA ROSS was in this movie....daaang she did a marvelous job! She doesn't even look like Billie but she ran with it and might I add it's not easy playing a Heroin Addict espacially during the time the movie was shot but she was on point! Beyonce take some notes please!



So if ya'll get a chance go cop it, rent it, bootleg it...I saw it on Movie Pix...so if you got that channel maybe they'll play it again or put it on there on demand movies........


p.s. Reminded me that I have my Billie Holiday Cd thats collecting dust! lol


PEACE & LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment