Jan 7, 2009

the UNDER RATED Black Sheep



Ya'll are all familiar with SOLANGE aka Beyonce's Younger Sister......I must say I didn't really feel her music when she first came out...as a matter of fact I can't even think or name a song from back then that she did.....BUT I'm not sure if it's becoming a MOTHER....or just coming into her own...SOLANGE is on POINT this time around.......FUCK A BEYONCE.....for real...Solange got some Creativity her sister is long time lacking (In My Opinion). Don't get me wrong from what I seen of her she still seems to have a sort of moody quality to her...which I'm sorry but explains her Sun Sign CANCER....But ya'll know I'm a sucker for that old motown, make me wanna dance type joints......and She definitely tuned into some Marvin...With Tracks like 'Ode to Marvin'....displaying that old soul with '6 O clock Blues'...tunes into her higher self in 'Cosmic Journey' and kills it when it comes to the track 'TONY'.......



T.O.N.Y. - Solange
(the ending is the BEST part!)

So this track "TONY"......maaaan that song just really & truly SANG to me......and I'm sure all the other Single Mothers out there feel me on this....I mean I'm not really into that 'soft' stuff.....but there were mad songs on this album that just got me feeling emotional...."I Would've been the One"...and "Bird" damn girl you know how to put your feelings into song.....thats a TRUE ARTIST!!! As I've mentioned before I'm not with my Daughter's Father....and it really got me on some True Self Reflecting in 2008...I mean I thought I knew myself...knew what my passions were, my career, my beliefs, my goals.....but NAH! I've been a Kangaroo jumping from relationship to relationship since I was 15....Not taking the time out to Truly KNOW MY SELF, BY MYSELF!!!.....So SOLANGE...I Give Thanks to you for giving Me Music that I can truly relate to on a level like no other....You Got a New Fan in ME................

Youtube "F--k the Industry" by Solange
http://www.myspace.com/solange

p.s. I must credit homegirl from the blog...MY LIFE YOUR ENTERTAINMENT for sparkin' this particular blog's thought process!

STRENGTH & GUIDANCE!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! Thank you for the shout out! I really appreciate it. I so agree with everything you said in reference to Solange. Her album is the truth. I feel like she really has grown into her own. I love Beyonce but we all know it takes alot more courage to be different. I'd hate to have Beyonce as my sister LOL.

    ReplyDelete